Popular Google Pages:
This article is regarding Variable in C++.
Last updated on: 24th November 2016.
◕ Programs typically need to store information. Of course, a program also needs a means to identify this stored information. Variable is a mean to indentify this stored data. To store an information in a computer, the program must keep track of four fundamental properties:
1. What type of information is stored there?
2. The data stored by which name?
3. What value is kept there?
4. Where the information is stored?
Let a C++ statement
int india = 29;
The above statement tells the program that,
- it is storing an integer
- the name of the integer is india
- the india is storing a value 29
- with & operator we can find where the information is stored in the memory.
◕ Read Related Articles:
Rules for Variable Names
Fundamental Data Types & Compound Data Types
Top of the page