Popular Google Pages:
This article is regarding Character Type in Java.
Last updated on: 31st March 2017.
◕ Character Type in Java.
This is one of the basic data type of Java. Other basic data types are integer type & floating point.
■ Character Data Type:
Let have an example first:
char firstCharacter = ‘A’;
- Here firstCharacter is a variable.
- The type of this variable is char ( i.e. character).
- In Java the type char occupies 16 bits ( 2 bytes ) of memory.
- The value of type char has to be put with in single quotes like 'A'.
- All characters in Java are stored as Unicode.
Other Basic Data Type of Java:
Integer type & floating point.
Related Java articles:
■ What is Java? Where we can apply Java?
■ Why Java is a Machine Independent Program? What is Machine Independent Program?
■ Root Directory of Java
■ How to Compile and run a Java Program?
■ What is .class file in Java?
■ What is variable in a program?
■ What is identifier in Java?
■ Integer data types in Java?
■ What is Primitive Types in Java?
■ How to declare constant variables in Java?
■ Why should we declare the initial value of a variable in Java?
■ Use of Underscores to write an integer in Java
Top of the page