Popular Google Pages:
◕ Send a story and get ₹ 200/- More..
◕ Bengali Story writing competition. More..
This article is regarding
Identifier in Java.
Rules to name a variable in Java.
Last updated on: 24th January 2017.
◕ Identifier in Java.
- In Java the name we choose for a variable is called an identifier.
In large scenario, indeed the name that we choose for anything in Java is called an identifier.
◕ Rules to name a variable in Java.
- An identifier or a name can be any length.
- It must start either with a letter, an underscore (_), or a dollar sign ($).
- The rest of an identifier or a name can include any characters except those which are used as operators in Java ( such as +, -, or * ).
- Java is case sensitive, so the name of the variables Flower and flower are not same.
- We must not include Blank Space or Tabs in the middle of a variable name.
- We can't use a keyword as a name. These keywords are reserved for the operation of Java.
The example of keywords are system, out, println etc.
Related Java articles:
■ What is Java? Where we can apply Java?
■ Why Java is a Machine Independent Program? What is Machine Independent Program?
■ Root Directory of Java
■ How to Compile and run a Java Program?
■ What is variable in a program?
■ What is identifier in Java?
Top of the page