Popular Google Pages:
◕ পৃথিবীর বিভিন্ন সভ্যতার রোমাঞ্চকর কথা Details..
◕ Send your story to RiyaButu.com and get ₹ 500/- Details..
◕ Bengali Story writing competition. Details..
This article is regarding Importance of Title Tag in Web Design
Last updated on: 28th November 2016.
◕ Your title tag is the place to put your page’s best keywords. Keywords in Page Title can help your pages to rank higher in Google result page. Here are some points you should always remember for your title tag.
1. Make sure that title tag content is meaningful and understandable by humans. It should not be unnatural. Don’t make the title tag mere keyword dump field. No one wants to read only list of words.
2. When creating page titles make sure that the keywords are in order of importance. Higher importance to the first keyword than the second one and so on.
3. Use keyword phrases instead of keywords. A bag company may use a keyword phrase ‘Indian school bag’ instead of the keyword ‘Bags’. Keyword phrases plays great rule for a websites ranking in highly competitive business areas.
4. Avoid repeating keywords or phrases. Because search engines penalize titles with repeating keywords or phrases. Use unique keywords.
5. Try to write your page title between 50 to 60 characters.
6. Give every page a unique title. Don’t use duplicated title.
7. Conventional way to place the keyword or keyword phrase is at the front of the title (in order of importance) followed by the brand or company name. A strongly recognized brand name may be used before the first keyword on page titles. If the brand is less known, then the brand name should be last.
8. Try to avoid Stop Words. Stop words are short function words that are ignored by search engines. A list is given bellow.
a, about, again, all, almost, also, although, always, among, an, and, another, any, are, as, at
be, because, been, before, being, between, both, but, by
did, do, does, done, due, during
each, either, enough, especially, etc
for, found, from, further
has, had, have, having, here, how, however
i, if, in, into, is, it, its, itself
made, mainly, make, may, mg, might, ml, mm, most, mostly, must
nearly, neither, no, nor, overall
rather, really, regarding
seem, seen, several, should, show, showed, shown, shows, significantly, so, some, such
than, that, the their, them, then, there, therefore, thus, they this, those, to
upon, use, used, using
9. Use commas carefully as a divider between keywords. You can also use a delimiter such as a hyphen, colon etc in your title tag.
10. Special characters such as exclamation mark (!), dollar ($) and pound (£) are ignored by search engines.
11. Make sure that the title is not duplicated in the H1 element as this could mean losing out on unique keywords. It is better to create a page title once the page content is complete. Repeating the title in the H1 tag, we lost a great opportunity to develop other keywords for that page.
12. Using the robots.txt protocol on your site, you can stop Google from crawling your pages. Be careful about robots.txt file to disallowing search engines from crawling your pages.
◕ Related articles:
► Difference between .html & .htm
► List of wildcard used in MySQL
► MySQL match a string
► Eliminate render blocking CSS
► How google will trust a site?
► What is browser cache? How to leverage browser caching of your website? Browser Caching with .htaccess
► URL Redirection with .htaccess
► Ask Google to re-crawl your URL.
Top of the page