Popular Google Pages:
This article is regarding the World Heritage Sites in India.
Last updated on: 29th November 2016.
There are 36 World Heritage Sites in India as of September 2016.
Among these 36 sites, there are:-
27 Cultural Sites
8 Natural Sites
1 Mixed Sites
More 45 sites are under consideration to be as a world heritage site.
◕ India's first two sites which were added to the UNESCO list were Agra Fort and Ajanta Caves.
These Two sites were included to the UNESCO list on the year 1983.
◕ The last site was Brahmaputra's River Island of Majuli which was included to the UNESCO list on September 2016.
◕ Please note:
UNESCO was established on 1972.
And full form of UNESCO is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
1. Assam:- Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary
2. Assam:- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
3. Assam:- River Island of Majuli, Brahmaputra River
4. Bihar:- Mahabodhi Temple, Buddha Gaya
5. Bihar:- Nalanda
6. Chandigarh:- The Architectural Work Of Le Corbusier
7. Delhi:- Humayun’s Tomb
8. Delhi:- Qutub Minar
9. Delhi:- Red Fort
10. Goa:- Churches and Convents
11. Gujarat:- Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park
12. Gujarat:- Rani ki vav (The Queen's Step Well), Patan
13. Himachal Prades:- Great Himalayan National Park
14. Karnataka:- Group of Monuments at Hampi
15. Karnataka:- Group of Monuments at Pattadaka
16. Madhya Pradesh:- Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi
17. Madhya Pradesh:- Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka
18. Madhya Pradesh:- Khajuraho
19. Maharashtra:- Ajanta Caves
20. Maharashtra:- Ellora Caves
21. Maharashtra:- Elephanta Caves
22. Maharashtra:- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Formerly Known as Victoria Terminus)
23. Orissa:- Konârak Sun Temple
24. Rajasthan:- Keoladeo National Park
25. Rajasthan:- Jantar Mantar, Jaipur
26. Rajasthan:- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
27. Sikkim:- Khangchendzonga National Park
28. Tamil Nadu:- Great Living Chola Temples
29. Tamil Nadu:- Mahabalipuram
30. Uttar Pradesh:- Agra Fort
31. Uttar Pradesh:- Fatehpur Sikri
32. Uttar Pradesh:- Taj Mahal
33. Uttarakhand:- Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks
34. West Bengal:- Sundarbans National Park
35. Mountain Railways of India
i) Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Darjeeling, West Bengal
ii) Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Ooty, Tamil Nadu
iii) Kalka-Shimla Railway, Himachal Pradesh
36. Western Ghats
It is a mountain range along the western side of India. It consists the following mountains:-
Top of the page